20/07/2020 - 11/06/2021
In light of COVID19 dates ti be confirmed for the course.
Outdoor Activity Instructor Traineeship – Level 5
The Level 5 programme is designed to provide the outdoor adventure tourism and education sector with personnel who have the knowledge, skills and competencies to commence work in the adventure sports industry. Participants get the opportunity to develop the practical and technical skills needed in the leading of groups in adventure activities. The course is the ideal starting point for anyone who is interested in developing a career in the outdoors.
The course is delivered with a maximum Trainee to Instructor ratio of 6:1 through a combination of training methods. These include instruction, coaching, presentations, supervised practice, self-discovery practice, practical work training, work environment practice, discussion groups and role play. The course offers a rich learning experience by integrating theory and work practice.
Certification modules of the course;
• Mountain Skills
• QQI level 5 Rock Climbing
• Rock Climbing Single Pitch Supervisor Award Training
• Level 3 River Kayaking Skills
• Level 3 Sea Kayaking Skills
• Level 1 Kayak Instructor
• Level 2 Kayak Instructor Training
• River Safety & Rescue 1 & 2
• REC Level 3 First Aid
• National Powerboat Certificate
• Child Protection and Safeguarding Awareness Training
• Manual Handling
Other non-certified modules;
• 8 week work placement
• Research Project.
• Career planning and Job seeking skills, this module is run by the Kerry ETB’s Adult Guidance and Information Service
Book your spaces
Bookings are closed for this event.