What to bring
We provide all the equipment you will need for your activity here with us in Cappanalea, however there are certainly a few things that we recommend you bring yourself.
- Old Warm clothing, and by old we mean clothes that you don’t mind getting dirty/stained as its quite possible you may get just a little bit of mud on them. Tracksuits and fleece material clothes are always a good bet. They also dry quicker for the next day. Jeans/denim is not suitable for our activities.
- Swimming togs: shorts and t-shirt or at least something you don’t mind getting wet. We will provide wetsuits but you will need something to wear underneath. A towel is required when we get off the water.
- Heavy socks: lots of socks. Nothing nicer than putting on a nice warm dry pair of socks.
- Footwear, a pair of sturdy walking boots are ideal to bring however if you don’t have any, a pair of runners will work fine. Best to bring two pairs of runners – an old pair for water-based activities and one to keep dry. Open-toe shoes and flip flops are not appropriate for our activities.
- Waterproof Jacket and Trousers: unfortunately the Irish weather isn’t very dependable so something to keep you dry is very useful. We have a supply of jackets and waterproof trousers here but your own may be a bit more comfortable.
- Woolly/Fleece Hat and Gloves: you may not use these, but you will be delighted that you brought them if it gets a bit cold outside.
- Evening Time, you will need a change of dry clothes and shoes for the evening time.
- Plastic Bags, as you may have a lot of damp/dirty gear at the end of your stay, it is best to bring spare plastic bag to put this gear in when you are packing to go home.
- Insect Repellent and Sunscreen, two must have items – especially if you are visiting us during the summer months.
- Other items, Torch, batteries, Flask.
- Sleeping bag, only required for all courses which involve camping – including EXPLORE Course.
- All bed linen and duvets are provided on your beds when staying at the Centre.