15/07/2019 - 12/06/2020
Advanced Outdoor Activity Instructor Traineeship – Level 6
The Advanced Outdoor Activity Instructor Traineeship course has been designed to up skill and enhances the employment opportunities for those working or training in the outdoor sector. The purpose of this award is to enable the learner acquire the knowledge, skill and competence to work independently and or in an instructional, coaching, supervisory, and /or management role in a range of operations and activities in the Outdoor Education/Adventure Tourism industry. The course aims to develop attitudes, personal effectiveness and job seeking skills that will enable them to obtain employment.
Building upon the Level 5 Traineeship this course will be delivered through a combination of training methods. These include instructions, presentations, assignments, supervised practice, practical work training, work environment practice, discussion groups and particularly self-directed learning. The course offers a rich learning experience by embedding theory in best work practices.
• QQI Level 6 – Sport & Recreation
• REC Level 3 First Aid
• Canoeing Level 4
• Canoeing Level 2 Instructor
• Sea Kayaking Level 4 or River Kayaking Level 4
• Kayaking Level 2 Instructor
• Orienteering Instructor
• Rock Climbing Instructor (SPA)
• Lowland Leader Award or Mountain Leader Training or Trail cycle Leader Training
• Sports Industry Practice, Team Leadership and Event Management
Other non-certified modules;
• 8 week work placement
• Inclusive Adventure Activities Training
For More Information Contact the Centre (066)9769244
Book your spaces
Bookings are closed for this event.